Welcome to Alterntive Myotherapy, your local provider of Trigger Point Therapy. Trigger Point Therapy is a type of massage that targets specific areas of the body that are feeling tight or painful. This type of therapy can help to relieve pain and tension in the muscles, and it can also help to improve range of motion.
At Alterntive Myotherapy, our experienced therapists will work with you to identify the areas that are causing you pain or discomfort, and then they will use a variety of techniques to release the trigger points. This type of therapy can provide relief from conditions such as headaches, neck pain, back pain, and more.
What are Trigger Points?
Trigger points are areas of muscle that are especially susceptible to spasms and knots. They can be caused by a variety of things, including poor posture, repetitive motions, and stress. Trigger point therapy is a type of massage that targets these areas of muscle. The therapist will use their hands, elbows, or other tools to apply pressure to the trigger point. This pressure can help to release the muscle spasm or knot.
Trigger point therapy can be an effective treatment for many people. It can help to relieve pain, improve range of motion, and reduce stress. If you think trigger point therapy may be right for you, talk to our qualified massage therapist.
Trigger Points resulting into Pain
Formation of trigger points can be predisposed by poor posture, de-conditioning, injury, mechanical imbalance (e.g. leg length inequality), joint disorders, vitamin deficiencies and non-restorative sleep. They can effect patient primarily in 3 ways:
- Trigger points can cause pain directly. Being a natural part of the muscle tissue, it causes pain during palpation.
- Trigger Points can cause referred pain. Pain can spread from trigger points to other locations, which is termed as “referred pain”. For example, trigger points in the muscles around jaw, face, neck and head may cause toothaches, chronic jaw pain, sinusitis, earaches, etc. Trigger points anywhere around the throat may cause a sore throat or lump in the throat.
- Trigger points complicate injuries. In many cases, trigger points may worsen strains (muscle tears), sprains, overuse injuries fractures, and tendinitis, even lacerations and lesions.
Trigger point Therapy at Alternative Myotherapy:
At Alternative Myotherapy, the assessment of trigger points typically considers symptoms, pain patterns and manual palpation. During the process of Trigger Point Therapy, myotherapists use their hands, elbows, or several tools to direct pressure exactly upon the trigger point. Trigger Point Therapy from Alternative Myotherapy can help in treating Trigger Points in 3 ways:
- It gently breaks down the restricted and contracted muscle fibres causing muscle knot.
- It directly stretches the trigger point’s knotted muscle fibres.
- It increases the circulation by unleashing the contracted fibres, thus enabling nutrients, and oxygen to flow to the spot.
This therapy can help you in reducing a number of ailments including:
- Back pain, neck pain and headaches
- Rotator cuff (shoulder) and jaw pain (TMJD)
- tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, hand and arm pain
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Pelvic pain, hip pain and “Sciatic” pain (buttock and leg pain)
- Leg and knee pain and plantar fascitis (foot) pain
It may also help in curing bursitis, arthritis, disc pain (bulge/rupture/herniation) and radiculopathy, frozen shoulder, and fibromyalgia.
Book an appointment for Trigger Point Therapy in Melbourne
If you are suffering from Trigger Points, a Sports Massage in Melbourne or a Remedial Massage in Melbourne cannot solely treat the problem. You need to seek Trigger Point Therapy. At Alternative Myotherapy, Ali has over 10 years of experience in helping patients getting rid of these trigger points with soothing and effective Trigger Point Therapy in Melbourne. To book an appointment, you can call us at 0449 698 635 or reach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.